Electricity is out AND there’s a ton of smoke in the air from fires sparked by lightning.
I’m glad that as a Midwestern-raised card-carrying individual, I have a large stock of bright burning candles, matches and lighters, and other fine weather-a-tornado kind of goods.
One of my neighbors told me he only has decorative candles that don’t work. He said that his phone was dead and that was his only flashlight. I have my camping headlamp.
Hopefully power will be restored tomorrow, otherwise I’ll have to think about picking up some ice and cleaning out my Yeti cooler. I have too much food that I don’t want to spoil.
Also, being on the 7th floor sure gets hot without AC. I’m really hoping the power gets restored.